Sergers are available in plenty in the market, and you must have tried a few of them if you have the hobby of sewing and do it moderately in the house. So you must have checked and assessed a few sergers and do not know which one will be suitable for your need. The sergers that are sold in the market do not always come with the same features, and sometimes the look is also different. Various brand selling sergers with different aspects are confusing enough for a beginner or a layman. So this article contains the best 10 sergers in the market along with their perspectives.
Buying a serger is easy when you are decided about the features and specifications that you need in one, but when you are confused between brand and price, features and durability then you may find it difficult to choose one.
Best Serger Sewing Machines
The list of best sergers does not contain the poor machines which have been receiving bad feedback from the users. So you can trust us with recommended sergers list as that is made from pure confidence and trust over the brand and the efficiency of the machine.
Brother 2340CV Cover Stitch
- This serger is a great cover stitch machine, but it is not a real serger.
- This one has some outstanding features like 3 needles.
- It has a differential feed system.
- This serger is able to do the chain stitch.
- It also can perform 6mm triple-needle cover stitches.
- You can mend trim cover and normal cover with this serger.
- This machine can also master the utility and flatlock stitches as well as decorative stitches.
- This is a really god serger which can be used for a specific purpose.
- It can do cover stitch which is great for a serger, it also provides great quality of stitches and you do not have to repent about that.
- The quality of stitches is so good that you can easily compare it with the industrial range of sergers, so it gives the great value for the price.
- The threading guide is built-in and it comes with adequate colour coding, it helps you to get the precise stitches and that makes the finished product look good.
- The machine is able to produce fast and easy looper threading system so your time will not be consumed by the threading process.
- The machine has been beneficial for both homemakers and professionals as it has the ability to perform large scale task and it also works with such nuance that you will love its outcome.
- The price is reasonable for such a machine that works effortlessly and provides you with such great stitches.
- This Brother 2340CV serger machine does not come with automatic tension release ant that is a drawback definitely.
- It takes a few time attempts to achieve success in getting used to with the manual tension release system.
- If you want a cover stitch machine in the name of serger then only this one is recommended as it comes with fewer features than a regular serger.
Siruba HSO-747D Overlock Sewing Machine
- This model of this particular brand has earned its reputation due to some great reasons. It is one of the few models of sergers that are eloquent in look and great at work. This is one of the bestselling models of sergers.
- It is pretty much inexpensive and so is a favourite for the budget-friendly people.
- This one provides reasonable good performance while you compare it with the price.
- It has a two-needle convertible 3 or 4 thread serger.
- It has a differential thread mechanism which is good.
- The free arm capability offers freedom while sewing the arm.
- The adjustable presser foot offers support while sewing.
- This one does not come with lots of bells and whistles, as it is a basic serger with some potential.
- There is a micro safety switch which offers great benefit.
- You will get a satisfactory result from this serger.
- There is a machine adjustment chart which helps you to sew perfectly, however stiff or thick the fabric may be whichever be the size and type of thread.
- The differential feed offers easy paving through the layers of fabrics and it also ensures that there are no wavy seams in the knitted fabrics.
- The durability of this serger is not really great, and you cannot expect a very long working life from this economic serger.
- The instructions that come with this serger is not very helpful and you cannot understand the process of working of this serger from the manuals. You have to check the internet to understand the proper working procedure of the serger.
- Some users complain that the thread repetitively breaks which is a hazard when you are working on a project. You have to change the thread again and again which is time-consuming. To prevent that check the tension and then adjust the thread so the thread does not work under extreme tension which may cause them to tear.
Singer 14T968DC Professional
- This serger is designed for hardcore professionals. This serger is great with its capability of overlocking as well as cover-stitching features.
- This one also works with automatic tension so you do not have to worry about the adequate tension of the threads.
- There is an upper moveable knife which cuts the threads as and when needed.
- There is 2/3/4/5 stitches capability which is amazing for the professionals.
- There are automatic as well as manual presser foot to adjust the presser, so this is very convenient for the users.
- The combination of overlock and cover stitching is a great aspect of this serger. In this list, we do not have any other serger with both these features.
- The value for the money is totally gained by this serger, so you can actually invest the amount to get the full satisfaction in your sewing process.
- This machine has a self tension adjusting technique which saves your thread from getting torn. Also if you are not capable of understanding how much or less tension will be adequate for the stitching still your serger will fix that for you.
- There is rolled hem sewing options with 4 different techniques. A serger with this feature is just a boon.
- The sewing speed of this serger is great, it can perform 1300 stitches per minute, and the projects of yours will be done in a jiffy.
- This machine can run with only 110 volts of power so no worry about extra power usage.
- This product is eligible for a 90 days warranty which is great, you can sufficiently change the machine or parts during this period.
- The work light is not very powerful and thus does not provide enough light to sew.
- The serger does not come with free arm capability which is a drawback.
- Also, this machine cannot be called portable as it is on the heavier side.
Janome 8002D Serger with Exclusive Bonus Bundle
- This serger is not as much popular as the previously mentioned ones, but regarding working ability, this one cannot be counted any less.
- This serger comes with 3 or 4 thread overlock stitching capability.
- There is a built-in rolled hem option too.
- The serger has differential feed system to allow you to stitch through different fabrics and with different quality of threads with equal ease.
- The serger has a differential feed ratio which comes to 0.5 to 2.25 which is just the right range for a professional.
- The easy roll hem changeover is great and it will help you to do the hemming pretty fast.
- The threading chart is easy to read and thus you will not waste much time here either.
- There are tension dials to decide the 4 lay-in thread tension so you can perfectly adjust the thread.
- There is a bonus package that comes with this threader and it contains Janome needle threader, 2 ea Schmetz 90/14 universal needles etc. All the items may not come with your package as the number of items varies from region to region.
- It comes pre-threaded with white spools which are amazing and you can start sewing the moment you open the packet.
- The serger does not omit much sound and you can count it as a soundless one.
- The price that you pay for this machine is well worth of as it is a great one for this price.
- The tension may not work for all, and some complain that the thread gets torn more than once which is a disturbing thing while you are trying to concentrate on a project.
- The threading is slightly complicated and you may find it difficult to handle for the first time.
- The manual is not useful for all the users and you may have to take help from the internet to learn how to thread it manually.
Juki MO654DE Portable Thread Serger Sewing Machine
- This one is a bit of expensive serger sewing machine in this list if you are a pro and have handled sergers earlier then only you can buy this.
- It has 2/3/4 thread options which are great for a professional seamstress.
- The industrial tension and cutting system will be more than beneficial for you.
- There is disengaging loopers in this serger.
- The built-in sewing gauge helps you to do your project fast.
- The differential feed mechanism is also present in this serger.
- The machine is pretty much stable and trustworthy.
- It vibrates a little while you are opening it but that is it, it never causes any malfunction during work.
- The stitch quality is of superior level and you will be fully satisfied with this.
- There is an amazing knife in this serger that cuts any kind of fabric smoothly.
- In high speed and in low speed, the machine works perfectly.
- The speed control works great for this serger and you can check it to work at your convenient speed.
- The machine is pretty much portable and lightweight, so you can carry it anywhere you feel like.
- The maximum sewing speed is 1500 stitches per minute.
- The safety switch will not let the machine run when the cover is open, thus it helps to you avoid any accident.
- The in-built light is not great for working.
- The manual needs more clarity as it is yet not as much guiding as it should be.
- Some users complain that all the way they had to turn the differential feed on, or else the fabric gets wavy and the stitches got dismantled.
- There is no bin for scraps included in the package, so you need to take extra care for being tidy while doing your project.
Singer 14J250 Stylist II Serger Overlock Machine
- This machine can be called absolute champion in the field of sergers.
- It comes with 2/3/4 different stitch capability.
- There is a differential feed system in this machine too.
- The built-in needle threader helps you to put the thread into the needle so you do not have to worry about wasting your time on manually doing this job.
- The built-in rolled hems is a great feature for the professionals as well as beginners.
- The thread cutter helps to cut the thread adequately.
- The upper moveable knife works best for the stitching as it cuts the fabric and there is no issue of threading or tearing.
- The open threading system is also very helpful.
- The adjustable cutting width gauge lets you cut the fabric with precision.
- The machine is pretty much powerful and you can sew denim with this serger which will feel like butter.
- The wonderful stretch mode will do your job effortlessly.
- The machine is sturdy and stable so you can trust it for your important work.
- 1300 stitches are done per minute which allows you to finish your job pretty fast.
- The machine can run with 110 volts.
- The wide-open threading helps you to work on the sewing smoothly.
- The price is moderate so you are getting a high-class serger by quality while paying the little amount.
- The threading is difficult when you are handling it for the first time.
- The light is not sufficient for sewing purposes.
- Some users complain that while using 3 or 4 threads it causes a problem and the threads get torn.
- It is sometimes difficult to understand the exact amount of tension required for the machine, it may cause the thread to tears over and over.
Singer 14CG754 Pro Finish Serger Sewing Machine
- This is the best seller among sergers and it comes from a reputed brand too.
- The machine has 2/3/4 thread capability which means you can work with up to 4 threads while stitching and that will ensure the strength of the stitches.
- The differential feed system will allow the fabric to stitch through like butter and there will be no hassles.
- The machine comes with free arm provision which will let you stitch the arm efficiently.
- A lever is provided to convert the rolled hem.
- You can sew cuffs and sleeves without any problem as there is a free-arm facility.
- You can trust this machine for a smooth and consistent result.
- You can adjust stitch length with this machine, also the width can be adjusted in it.
- There are 4 built-in rolled hems which will help you to stitch the hem.
- You will get a lot of accessories with this machine-like all-purpose foot, needle set, tweezers, spreader (for 2 thread stitches), small screwdriver, foot control, power cord, and instruction manual with an included stitch guide.
- You will get a 90 days warranty for adjustment, bell, ring, bulb and attachments. Also, you will get a 2 years warranty on motor, light assembly, wiring, switches and speed control along with electronic components.
- There is a 25 years warranty on the sewing machine head.
- This machine is pretty much portable and can be carried to any place of your convenience.
- Rethreading is a manual job and it takes lots of time. The thread passes through many holes and so it is a problem putting it back.
- The parts are not of very high quality and some users have complained about their durability.
- The suction cup at the bottom does not work as required.
- The machine moves a bit when you are working with it and thus you may have to hold it strongly with one hand while doing the sewing with another hand.
Juki MO644D Portable Serger
- This is just right for the beginners.
- This serger is very much user-friendly and you can use 2/3/4 thread with this serger smoothly.
- The heavy-duty knife system works perfectly for this machine.
- The hem can be sewed with automatic rolling.
- You will get nice and neat finish with this serger.
- The rolled hem can be changed with a flip of the switch so you can stay worry-free.
- There is a differential feed system like any good quality serger.
- It works great with multiple layers of fabrics which is great, as not many sergers can boast on this feature.
- It works best on light and medium fabric.
- It works easily and smoothly thus it works best for the beginners who are yet to face any hassle during the sewing.
- There is colour coded threading breakaway looper so you can adjust the stitch length and width adequately.
- The machine is great in terms of durability and the users are always happy with this one.
- It can take up a load of huge amount of sewing and will do that smoothly, so it is a pretty much trustworthy machine.
- The machine is very quiet during working, so no sound will irritate you.
- No great cons have been found or reported by the users.
Brother Designio Series DZ1234 Serger
- This can be successfully called a flawless serger. It is the second-best serger in the list so you can imagine how effective this is.
- It is a bit on the heavier side, excluding this fact. This machine can actually top the list of sergers.
- This one is great ¾ thread serger and it can be used by both a professional as well as beginners.
- This machine has free arm capability.
- It also has an adjustable presser foot.
- The machine can do rolled hems.
- The machine can be used very easily so this is a great pro.
- The threading is done really fast and that is also a smooth process.
- The serger can sew any and every kind of fabrics which is a great boon.
- It can sew up to 1300 stitches per minute.
- There are blind hem stitch foot, gathering foot as well as a piping foot in the machine.
- Along with that 2 sets of starter threads are there in this serger so you can be creative as much as possible.
- There is colour coded threading so you can easily put the right thread on the serger.
- The stitch width can be adjusted by their width and length so you can try with new designs.
- The machine runs with 120V AC so if you are not able to find the power source, this machine cannot run in your house or workplace.
Brother 1034d ¾ Thread serger With Differential Feed
- This one is a great combination of good price, best quality and user-friendliness.
- This one looks cute and works efficiently.
- It has differential feed for different kind of fabrics.
- The serger comes with a free arm to mend the arms.
- There is an adjustable knife.
- It also comes with adjustable foot presser.
- The light in the set is bright enough to let you work comfortably.
- This machine is great for beginners as well as professionals.
- It provides stitches of really good quality so professionals will find it most useful.
- The price is pocket-friendly and so the beginners will love this machine.
- It has achieved the highest rate of customer satisfaction.
- There are two snap-on feet, foot controller, softcover and needles.
- The machine comes with colour coded and lower-looper threading.
- If you find any difficulty in handling this machine, call the after service desk who are available all the time.
- 25 years of warranty is available on this serger.
- The serger needs pre oiling before you start working with it, unless it will not work as smoothly as expected.
- Some users complain that spare parts are not always available so replacement of those parts is hard to avail.
A machine like a serger should be used for at least 5 years. This one is a professional gadget and you need it to work at least for a moderately long time unless you will face difficulty in running your business. Due to its performance, you cannot let your work suffer. So choose wisely and take care of it regularly and enjoy using this machine.