Janome CoverPro 900cpx is a perfect sewing machine for home sewers. This is a Coverstitch sewing machine including lots of innovative features. The machine provides extra space with its double-wide flatbed which brings flexibility while doing many sized projects.
STS Technology –
Janome CoverPro 900cpx comes with STS which is its speciality. Seam Tightening System or STS is to provide tighter stitches. It helps to reduce slack and sluggish between threads while sewing.
Key Features –
- Free arm capability
- Extra-wide flatbed
- STS technology
- Coverstitch machine.
Quick Reference Chart –
The machine has a chart of its front panel to adjust the stitch length. This chart is the settings of the machine.
This reference chart works as the user’s manual which users would have always in hand.
The Design of Janome 900cpx is so unique which gives it power and comfort. It is designed for both, as the industrial-strength cover hem and as a domestic sewing machine.
The look is so simple but the performance is very powerful. The speed of stitching is so good for heavy industrial projects.
Performance key points –
- Largest workspace comparison to another sewing machine
- 4″ × 5.5″ workspace
- Speed of 1000 stitches/minute
- Changing the limit of stitch length from 1mm to 5mm.
Freehand handling –
Janome CoverPro 900cpx consists of a vertical drop needle. This is an exclusive feature that supports free arm handling that the user could handle it either hand.
It has a lifter in the foot pressure located behind the needle which supports the free arm handling more comfortably.
Another free arm handling feature is its feed and stitches length dials which are easily accessible to the users who work.
Warranty and accessories –
You will get following warranties with Janome Cover Pro 900cpx
- 25 years on the mechanical part
- 1 year on labour and services
- 2 years of electrical components
To ensure the best performance the machine includes the following parts –
- Narrow Elastic
- Large screwdriver
- Small screwdriver
- Wide elastic gathering
- Needle threader
- Spool nets
- Sets of needle
- Lint brush
- Accessory box
Optional Accessories –
- Resin Extension table up to 8″× 11.5″
- Acrylic Extension table up to 18″×24″
- Transparent foot
- Box of six EL × 705 of 90/14 needles
- Wide elastic gathering
- Tape binder foot
- Hemming guide for type 1 and 2
- Center foot guide
- Adjustable seam guide
Pro and Cons of Janome CoverPro 900cpx –
- This machine provides specially stitches which shown as great performance. This is very easy to use with threading.
- Janome CoverPro has the artistic touch as it has graphics printed on its board as the stitching tutorial which very easy to use and understandable.
- Other features like motor operating, woven fabrics friendly, sews faster and perfect for knit fabrics make the outcome of it so professionally. It provides cleanness like high-end sergers.
- The best positive point is this is less expensive than 1000CPX.
- One of the users said that this is a good cover stitch machine with twin needle supported hems. She said, “The Hems come out beautifully which is easy to a thread”. There are supporting videos on YouTube, she informed, to get finishing with and she recommended watching them before use it.
- Another user says she buy Janome CoverPro CPX900 after seeing positive reviews and ratings online. Janome is smoother and quieter while using she said.
- Other user finds it good but wants little more improvement like a built-in marker for the distance to relate to the edge. She too recommended youtube videos before using.
- One word many users use is “working right out of the box”, which shows its comfortability and easy to use features.
- Although it provides the extremely fast sewing Janome CoverPro 900cpx has only two types of stitches; cover hem and straight stitches.
- Good for only professionals and required additional components to get the best of it.
Overall Janome Coverpro 900cpx is a good sewing machine for professionals and for projects type of tailor.