It is very common that your pants or jeans might get baggy after you wear them for a long time. This might occur because the fibres that are present might get stretched.
This is not comfortable and neither has you felt fashionable in it. So to make them tight we have a number of ways other than sewing. You can easily alter your pants as you want. There are a lot of quick ways. But these are not permanent ways and will not last for a long time.
Ways to Make Your Pants Tighter
After shopping for hours you might get the perfect jeans that you always wanted. But that might not have the perfect waist you desired for. So don’t worry, we will help you out in fixing this. You just need to follow some easy steps and you will get the perfect fit that you desired for.
Method 1: Make Pants Tighter Without Sewing
- Step 1:The first thing you need to do, is that wash your pants alone. You are of required to wash the pants with other things that are of different colours. You need to soak your pants in hot boiling water.
- Step 2:Next, you need to remove it from the washer. After the full cycle is completed, you have to do this after that. If you have dipped it in the pot then you need to use the tongs and remove them. After that, put it in the dryer.
- Step 3:You need to dry the pants when you feel the cycle is the hottest. Check after a few moments if the pants are dry. There should be no moisture left. You need to be very careful with the pants.
- Step 4:Now you can add an extra button. This can be done if you still feel the pants need to be loose. You can buy these buttons from a special store. What you need to do is that; fix this button on the left of the button that is already there.
Tip:The most important tip is that before you wash your pants; try that you can wear them as many times as you can. As after you wash your pants the elastic becomes loose.
Method 2 : Make Pants Tighter Without Sewing
This method is also very easy and you don’t need to put a lot of effort into it. It just needs some time and you are done with it.
- Wear your jeans, now after that pinch the excess of cloth at the centre of the backside of the jeans.
- You can iron it now. This will remove the wrinkles and you will get more accuracy.
- Now keeping the jeans as it is in the pinched position, you now need to put the highlight marks at the points that you want.
- Put those marks in the area you feel should touch your waist.
- After that lay your jeans on the bed. The front side should be placed upwards.
- Now you need to locate the marks on the seam.
- Use a pair of scissors to complete your work.
- Break the seams and loosen the lining of the fabric.
- Now begin from the point from where the seam has just broken. Cut it and reach the top.
- Repeat it until you break the other seam point.
- Now measure the strip. Cut out elastic of equal length. But slightly smaller than the distance between the points.
- Use a safety pin now. Attach it on each end of the strip.
- Using this pin attach every end to the waistband.
- The free end of the elastic is to be slipped into the nearest cut.
- Use the safety pin and push it to the other cut.
- Attach one more pin just outside the cut.
- Adjust the excess of fabric by laying it.
The methods used are not permanent, but they can definitely help you. In the second method, you can use a light or a tight band as per your requirement.
These can help you to make your jeans tighter without making use of the sewing machine and it is of great help. You can surely try this out.