If you are working as a professional seamstress then you must have heard and probably have used machines from SINGER. This is a well known and pretty renowned brand for manufacturing efficient and smart sewing machines for a long time. There are various options available from SINGER those are similar in look but often they offer varied features. If you are confused between the two or more models, then you must have to compare the pros and cons of each machine. We are making the job easier for you.
To begin with, the most competitive and smart models provided by SINGER are 4411 and 4423. So if you are looking forward to buying one of these two and yet have not confirmed your decision, then read on. Both of these are heavy duty machines and efficient in work. So which one will work better for you?
We can help you in answering these kinds of questions. The plenty of sewing machines that are available on the market offers variable reliability and durability. But SINGER is there for a long time and has earned the respect and trust of users with their earnest effort. This brand has sewing machines for every age and every group. May that be for the beginners, for the professionals or for the intermediates, the sewing machine from this brad will satisfy everyone. For the beginners, there is a good option called SINGER 7258. Another one, the SINGER 9960 is great for experts, though beginners can use this machine as well, with a little bit of patience.
But when it comes to heavy-duty sewing machines, there are great options available from SINGER. This SINGER 4423 sewing machine seems to be the best machine to manage the heavy-duty sewing operations. For the beginners who are looking to be a professional, this one will be the right option. Also, the experts and intermediates can use it as this one is a budget sewing machine with enough features. You can also get the review of best best sewing machine under 200
Features of SINGER 4423:
This machine is able to perform 1100 stitches within a minute, so it is faster than the other contemporary sewing machines. It has 23 built-in stitch formats which will enable you to create innovative new designs on the fabric. It has a strong motor which makes it work efficiently. The machine has a drop-in bobbin and that comes with a transparent view cover. There is automatic needle threader to save your time while you are using this machine.
The 1 step buttonhole works fully automatically. It comes with free arm for collars and cuffs as well as pant hems. The stitch size is adjustable and you can customize it according to your choice. The reverse sewing options helps to reinforce the stitches. This machine comes with 25 years of warranty.
Singer | Heavy Duty 4411 Sewing Machine
1 used from $ 125.00
This machine has been tested profoundly by the experts and the users, and yet we scanned it carefully at our end before giving you valuable feedback. The e-commerce site sellers, as well as customers, are happy with this product and we must say this one has earned its reputation, not for nothing. This one performs its job with precision and this one is inexpensive yet very smooth in working. It can work as efficiently as any pricey sewing machine but the price is totally pocket-friendly.
The machine has various features which we can decide now:
- This one is easy to set up and use. One of the most prior features of SINGER 4423 is it is very easy to set up and use. It can be easily handled by someone who has just started learning sewing and also it can be set up pretty easily. So just get it at home and start with your first every sewing job. All the parts of this sewing machine are labelled adequately and thus it will be really easy for you to operate the machine. There are two individual knobs in the machine to perform two duties, one is for adjusting stitch length and another one is for patterns.
- Another great feature of this sewing machine is, it has an easy drop-in bobbin system. Out of several great features, the feature that makes the machine easy to be used by the beginners is this drop-in bobbin with transparent cover. This also lets you monitor the supply of thread and thus it is very easy to insert and pull out the bobbin when the thread is run out.
- There are variations of stitches available in this sewing machine. It comes with 23 built-in stitches and thus you can use those stitches for making outstanding designs. Different types of purposes can be solved by these stitches. Among the stitches, there are 2 decorative ones which will help you to finish any project look good and finished. There are 6 normal stitch patterns, 4 stretch stitches and one fully automatic buttonhole stitching. There is also one fully automatic buttonhole to help you with the design. These options are there to enable you to make your project stand out among others.
- When doing a sewing job every one needs a machine that will work faster and will help to finish the job faster. So sewing machine which works faster than others are always sought after. If you get such a machine, of course, you will worry about the price. When the machine will be available within a budget price then it will be a grabbing deal always. SINGER 4423 is just the right kind of machine with these two aspects in it. This is an inexpensive machine and yet it can stitch faster. This one can complete 1100 stitches per minute. This feature makes it way better than its contemporaries and it is in fact one of the best machines in this segment. We did not yet find any other sewing machine which comes at such an affordable price and yet it has such unbelievable speed range of stitching.
- In a matter of design and durability, SINGER 4423 is unmatched too. You do not buy a sewing machine usually if you are not a professional seamstress. Then it is understandably important to buy the sewing machine which is durable and thus will give you back the money’s worth. SINGER 4423 comes with a metallic inner body frame and this one has stainless steel body plate which makes the machine a very durable one. This sturdy machine is just the right option for the professionals and they can get their job done for a longer period with this machine. This heavy-duty machine having a metallic body and so many features is quite easy to carry and so it can be taken from one place to another easily.
- The great SINGER 4423 has 60% stronger motor and thus it works better than any standard sewing machine. This also has easy to use adjustable stitch length option which makes the job easy for you. There is a needle threader and this is a great option for the beginners. The free arm for the collars, cuffs and pant hems are also much useful. All these options make the sewing an easy job for the learners.
- The machine comes with a huge 25 years of warranty ensures that you do not have to face any harassment or problem after buying this machine. Also, the strength of the machine is trustworthy and you can keep it at your home for years.
- According to the customers of e-commerce sites, they liked SINGER 4423 for its metallic body, the stitching speed and the 23 built-in stitching pattern options. As a heavy-duty machine, you can safely buy it and also use the heavy materials with this sewing machine.
- No particular con has been found in this machine.
Now if you are confused that why not buy the lower version of this machine, that is SINGER 4411, then we want to show you some similarities as well as dissimilarities which will help you compare these two machines. Both these machines from SINGER are very popular and you will know which one you should buy after this comparative study.
SINGER | Heavy Duty 4423 Sewing Machine
1 used from $ 159.50
- Great sewing speed: Both the machines use a strong motor and thus you can sew up to 1100 stitches within a minute. Compared to other brands SINGER offers you a higher quantity of materials and that too you can get quickly and efficiently.
- Presser Foot: This feature is included in both the SINGER machines. There are four presser foot in each machine. These are all-purpose foot, which is used to do the major sewing jobs, buttonhole foot, which is used for making holes for buttons, also it can make holes for ribbons and other purposes. There is a button sewing foot that is used for the button sewing. This can be done easily by holding the button in place and doing the sewing. If you are in a hurry and yet want to finish the buttons then this feature will come handy. There is a zipper foot as well, it helps in adding zippers to your work. You can also put cording and piping on jackets with the help of this foot.
- Drop-in bobbin: These two machines have a similar drop-in bobbin system. The convenient drop-in bobbin helps to insert, remove and monitor the thread supply.
- Metal frame: Both these machines come with metal frames which ensure durability.
- Presser foot lifter: Two presser foot lifter help to sew in a lightweight fashion and heavyweight fabrics are easily sewn by these machines.
Differences between SINGER 4411 and 4423 machines:
- SINGER 4411 has only 11 built-in stitches where SINGER 1123 comes with 23 built in stitches. 6 basic stitches are same for both the machines, but SINGER 4423 wins over 4411with its edge as 12 decorative stitches are not available with 4411.
- SINGER 4423 has fully automatic four-step buttonhole and that works manually. It will stop after the stitching is finished and the user can turn the selection dial to the next step. SINGER 4411 comes with one step automatic button hole and it is automatic in nature. The machine sews the button at one step and it will make the button hole of exact size.
- SINGER 4423 comes with automatic needle threader that helps you to thread the needle easily, so no need to strain your eyes. SINGER 4411 does not come with this feature.
Now we will sum up the pros and cons of SINGER 4411 sewing machine:
- The motor of this machine is strong and powerful, so the working ability is better.
- The stitching ability of 1100 stitches is amazing.
- The machine is heavy duty and heavy materials can be stitched in this machine.
- You can get complete value for your money with this machine.
- The machine performs really well and that is appreciative.
- The machine is a little loud when it is put to work.
- There is no automatic needle threader in this machine so you have to put the thread manually to the needle.
- You can get only 11 built in stitches in this machine.
Which machine should you buy:
- The two machines that we have discussed so far are from the same brand and yet they carry different features in some ways. There are similar features as well. They are powerful and strong, and are easy to use and also these two can handle multiple jobs easily.
- Now if you are looking for a basic machine that will hem your jeans and help you to do a little upholstery then SINGER 4411 machine will be perfect for you. There are a few decorative stitches option which will do your basic work for the decoration easily if you prefer straight stitches mostly.
- But if you want to sew knit fabrics and prefer that over the straight stitches then SINGER 4423 will be more suitable. With this machine you can get help to design your clothes as more number of decorative stitches is built in here.
- If you need help to sew buttonholes a lot then fully automatic one step button hole option in SINGER 4423 will be ideal for you. Again if you have a problem with threading the needle then automatic needle threader will help you out. You do not need to spend time over this simple task as it will be done automatically in SINGER 4423.
To conclude, SINGER 4411 is better for the beginners whereas if you have become a pro and wish to try your hand on more decorative items, go for SINGER 4423.