The Singer 9960 Quantum is a computerized sewing machine that has proved to be excellent for beginners and knowledgeable sewists.
Singer 9960 Quantum Stylist
Singer 9960 Quantum has a number of great built-in features that help to save you time. So here we have explored all the features of this machine and brought it in front of you.
SINGER | Quantum Stylist 9960
This is found to be the best-suited machine for beginners.
- The set up is very easy with a number of automatic features that involve auto thread trimmer, auto needle threader, and also the feature like auto stitch width and length adjustments. It has even more.
- You just need to focus on your sewing.
- The other important feature of 9960 is that it will be nurtured with your skills. The machine is very well made and it will last for quite a long time.
- The interface is quite friendly.
- Singer 9960 sewing machine has a number of presser feet that are available for your use. Along with that, you can even buy additional ones.
- If you want to carry out any of the home sewing projects, you can do it easily as you have the tools to do it.
Yes, this machine can help you do the embroidery too. It is available to you with darning & embroidery foot that helps you to carry out many decorative stitches.
- Although, the machine is not designed for developing patches or for the large logos. It does not use the computer for all the high-end stitches.
- You are able to do a lot of decorative embroidery on domestic items such as the napkins and tablecloths. You are also able to decorate your jeans or even a denim jacket.
- By dropping the feed dogs and using the satin stitch you can develop your own designs and also by using free-hand sewing.
A number of Singer 9960 Quantum Stylist sewing machine reviews focus on the number of stitches. The machine is very easy to set up and the use is also quite simple. Let us know more about the machine in detail.
Feed dog mechanism
This sewing machine by singer makes use of a different motion for feed dogs. This motion is referred to as the box feed motion.
- It has been noticed that it provides a more consistent feeding of the fabric. This is because the feed dogs are present in equal contact with the project and the presser foot.
- Maximum of the sewing machines make use of a typical arc motion. Due to this reason, the sewists find for “walking feet”. This is because they want the top and bottom fabric pieces pass through the needle at the same time.
- We have noticed that in most of the sewing machines, the top piece of fabric is fed more slowly than the bottom.
- It is suggested that it is better to use a machine which has better feed dogs or the feed working mechanism.
- It might not be perfect. But it is much better as compared to the other machines at this price range. So you might even need a walking presser foot if you work a lot with such knits.
- The best way to ensure this would be that you’re making use of a ballpoint needle and with that a correct thread so that you get the best results.
Speed and speed control
The Singer Quantum Stylist machine will provide you with a very fast sewing at 850 stitches per minute.
The machine has a slider bar for speed control. This is in order to ensure that your maximum stitch speed is kept slow if you are doing thicker projects.
It makes use of a DC motor. This helps to get a more consistent source of power and will give better results if you’re sewing on light silks or on the heavy denim.
The feature to handle humps in the fabric is also very important to be tested. For instance, if you are thinking to hem some jeans, you will need that hump where the seams all meet up.
The Singer 9960 Quantum Stylist machine comes with a strong and consistent motor.
The machine can easily pass through high loft batting. Therefore it is highly suitable for quilting. The machine has inbuilt decorative stitches that you can use for quilting.
You can prefer to elongate the stitch if you to do that to get scrolls or ivy along with your quilt.
One important feature would be that you can lift the presser foot to an extra-high position so that it is easier to get large quilts in and out of the machine’s area.
If you love sewing the clothing, you can create many couture details by using this machine.
By using this you can even create professional seams that have two lines of stitching. There are 13 different styles for buttonholes.
Fabrics that can be sewn by the machine
By using the machine we can sew the lightweight fabric such as silk, georgette, voile, etc. If you want the best result you should make use of the 9/70-11/80 size needles and cotton or silk thread.
You can even sew leather by using leather needles.
You can make use of the fabrics like linen, satin, velvet, gingham, etc. can also be sewn by using the needle size 11/80-14/90.
In case if you are working with the knits, swimwear, jersey, tricot and sweatshirts, you can easily handle these on this machine by using the polyester thread and greenshank needles of size 11/80-14/90.
You can use the machine for heavyweight fabrics like tweed, corduroy, denim which makes use of 14/90-16/100 needles.
- The bobbin can be easily loaded with a clear plastic cover. You can also make use of the bobbin thread that was left before starting a seam.
- The threading system is easy. You are only required to put the thread through the slots, and after this, you can use the automatic needle threader.
- Automatic thread tension is very suitable for beginners. So you won’t need to adjust the thread tension.
- If the experienced ones want to alter the thread tension they can do it easily.
- 600 Built-In stitches are there which have a stitch reference chart situated at the top of the machine.
- With this, you are easily able to evaluate the stitches on the LCD, but it’s better if you evaluate them when you’re trying to choose.
- There is an add-on extension table that gives a larger sewing area for better-quality projects.
- Stitches will be neat and unique. It produces a really good and neat stitch.
- The machine can be run with the foot pedal and also with the start/stop button on the machine.
- The brightness control wheel is present near the bobbin winder, and accidentally people often turn it, so the display turns very dim.
- This might not prove to be a great embroidery machine. The letters are not so big and clear. You require a contrasting thread for seeing the letters.
- The presser foot cannot be adjusted.
Let us see some of the reviews of the machine:
- It is not that good for embroidery.
- The presser foot cannot be adjusted easily.
- Stitches are neat.
- You can use it for household work too.
The machine is quite very suitable for a number of purposes and has great features that are highly suitable for beginners and professionals.
- Top 10 Best Tips to Help You Sewing Better
- Juki Computerized Sewing Machine HZL Review
- Janome HD1000 Heavy Duty Review
- Brother XR9500PRW: Detailed Unbiased Review
- 1 Singer 9960 Quantum Stylist
- 2 SINGER | Quantum Stylist 9960